Singer, song writer, guitarist, harmonica player
New album release in February 2020 – In a Blue Frame!
Allen Finney is an American (Michigan) born, multitalented musician, based in Sweden. Steeped in the roots traditions of American folk, rock, country, blues, and jazz, Allen Finney emerges with unique expressions in his own musical style.
In the early 80s Allen Finney did solo, warm up act for J.J. Cale at the Olympia, Dire Straits at the old Roman Theatre in Orange, France, Canned Heat in Biarritz, Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow, Weather Report and others. He also had a song, in French, on the Top 40, “Les Champs de Beton.”
Allen Finney has a huge song book and has during his years in Sweden released a number of albums. He has also been co-writing with his friend, the great blues and soul man, Sven Zetterberg, who sadly passed away 2016. The song “Pink Sunrise, Palm Trees and Golden Sand” which is one of the songs on Allen’s new album can also be found in a version from 2003 on Sven Zetterberg’s album “Let Me Get Over It”.
Allen Finney has been an inspiration for young Swedish musicians such as Gunnar Muwemba Lidström, Erik Hansson, Lisa Lystam and many others, when bringing them up on stage.
New collaboration with top musician Robert Ivansson resulted in the album Salt Breeze with Kites, 2018. The work continues with a new album in February 2020, In a Blue Frame!
- New release February 2020! In a Blue Frame – digital services/CD, 2020
- Salt Breeze with Kites – digital services/CD, 2018
- Fogetto, with “Allen Finney Combo” – CD, 2013
- Allen Finney and EBB, with Eric’s Blues Band – Spotify/CD, 2006
- Laying My Monkey Down, with “Fat City Blues” – CD, 1999
- All That Blues from Sweden vol 2, (with Fat City Blues) – CD, 1998
- Fat City Blues (Live At Kaos) – CD, 1994
- All That Blues from Sweden vol 1 – CD, 1993
- Bon Temps, with “Sneaky Pete’s” – LP, 1990
- Allen Finney Solo – CD, 2012Les Champs de Beton/Les Larmes Bleues – 45 rpm single, 1980