Singer, song writer, guitarist, harmonica player
All about me – Link to the new album!
Allen Finney is an American born, multitalented musician, based in Sweden. Steeped in the roots traditions of American folk, rock, country, blues, and jazz, Allen Finney emerges with a unique expression in his own musical style.
In the early 80s Allen Finney did solo, warm up act for J.J. Cale at the Olympia, Dire Straits at the old Roman Theatre in Orange, France, Canned Heat in Biarritz, Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow, Weather Report and others. He also had a song, in French, on the Top 40, “Les Champs de Beton.”
Read Allen’s story in his own words! Link to new page
Allen Finney has a huge song book and has during his years in Sweden released a number of albums. He received the 2002 Stockholm Blues Förening Janne Rosenqvist stipendium and in 2019 he received the first Sven Zetterberg minnespris.
Allen Finney was also a good friend with Izzy Young, both living in Stockholm, Sweden, and Izzy invited Allen frequently to set up shows at his Folklore Centrum.
The new album All about me will be released in September 2023, It is the forth album Allen Finney releases together with the Swedish musician and producer Robert Ivansson. Previous albums are In a Blue Frame (2020), Salt Breeze with Kites (2018) and Picture Window, 2021.
- New release September 2023! All about me – digital services,
- Picture Window – digital services/CD, 2021
- In a Blue Frame – digital services/CD, 2020
- Salt Breeze with Kites – digital services/CD, 2018
- Fogetto, with “Allen Finney Combo” – CD, 2013
- Allen Finney and EBB, with Eric’s Blues Band – Spotify/CD, 2006
- Laying My Monkey Down, with “Fat City Blues” – CD, 1999
- All That Blues from Sweden vol 2, (with Fat City Blues) – CD, 1998
- Fat City Blues (Live At Kaos) – CD, 1994
- All That Blues from Sweden vol 1 – CD, 1993
- Bon Temps, with “Sneaky Pete’s” – LP, 1990
- Allen Finney Solo – CD, 2012
- Les Champs de Beton/Les Larmes Bleues – 45 rpm single, 1980